Thursday, September 23, 2010

Toddler Activites: Match & Glue

We have this LARGE roll of paper that we got last spring from a local newspaper.  (They sell the ends of unused rolls by the pound, and its CHEAP.  I think this roll cost us $7 & we've barely even made a dent in it in over a year)  We've used it for all sorts of things.  Mostly for coloring, but also for a "table cloth" and wrapping paper.  Today we used it for a match & glue game.

First draw two sets of shapes and cut one out.

or you could do colors.


Then let your toddler go at it matching & gluing with a glue stick.  
 

One day.... when I'm a little braver... I'll let her have a pair of scissors and she can help cut out shapes, but for now Mommy will do the cutting.



PS.  I totally have to give credit to my Mom for this idea...  Maria had the glue stick out one day and wouldn't give it up... a little bit later my Mom sat down with her and got her started.  Maria LOVES this activity.

1 comment:

claireb said...

I love how you do so many cute and crafty things with your kids!