Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!!

February 28th I celebrated my birthday.  We weren't in town for my actual birthday so we celebrated the day before.  A bunch of Abuela's family came into town to celebrate with me. 

They killed 3 chickens and we had soup.

It was fun getting to know the family better.
Two of Abuela's brothers came and one of her sisters.
Along with a bunch of cousins and some friends.

Here are Abuela's siblings and their children.

Later in the afternoon they busted out a cake and sang to me.
First they sang Happy Birthday in Spanish, and then again in English.
The English version was about 4 times louder than the Spanish version.
It was SO funny... I laughed SO hard!!

It was a delicious cake with light fluffy frosting.  Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Tif said...

Happy Day! You look great and like you were having a good time-we don't get to see many pictures of you these days!