Sunday, March 13, 2011

Maria's Dress.

I wanted to show a couple of pictures of the dress that I made with Abuela for Maria.
Actually, Abuela pretty much did everything, but I took copious notes.
Sewing without a pattern.
Taking measurements, and with those measurements cutting directly on the fabric.
It was pretty scary.
I'm hoping to be able to get something together for the sew-ers (I didn't want to type sewers, because that has to deal with sewage.... help anyone.... what's the word) out there to show what I've learned. 
It's pretty cool.

So Maria's dress.  We bought some fabric while we were in Tegucigalpa in February.  It is a white fabric with some holes in it, so I got a yellow to go underneath (I keep thinking of you Mom).  The neck and arms are trimmed with the yellow, the yellow ruched belt, and the buttons on the back are yellow too.

The pictures don't really do it justice....



I'm really starting to miss my computer.... The pictures are just not the same here.... especailly that second picture... it's weird and distorted. (I think that it doesn't help that Maria wanted NOTHING to do with the camera either.)

3 comments:

Drees009 said...

I believe the word you're looking for is seamstress, or plural seamstresses?

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

Who is the girl in the second picture? Maria's little sister? Dadadadah! The boxes got picked up today...hopefully they will be there within 20 days..that's how long they took last time and that was over the Christmas Holidays...hopefully it will be faster this time...but don't count on it!!!

Toyke said...

nice dress....can she get any prettier