Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lately...

... we've been watching a little bit of this guy here:

(Thank's for the image Google!!)

oh so funny.... I like the part where one of the "good guys" tosses a microwave at one of the "bad guys" and then says..... now that's how we move merchaindise.

We've also been doing some gardening. I'm really not a good gardener, but I'm trying. I'm learning about planting in an organized fashion... I'd like to learn about planting what next to what to keep the bugs away... I figure if I learn a little every year then by the time I die I'll know quite a bit.

We put some lava rock down between the boxes this year... last year the grass grew really high because the lawnmower doesn't fit between the boxes, and it takes a whole lot more effort to get the weedeater out than it does to hop on the lawn mower.... so viola! a little round up and lava rocks solved that problem.

Photobucket

Here's Mom getting all that pesky grass that sprouted up out of the garden boxes and Marco puttin' down the lava rock. I was the designated picture taker, and baby holder.

Photobucket

and here is a picture of my dear ol' dad. I think he's just a punkin'. I got this shot off the other day:
Photobucket

I think he looks quite handsome... but he's not a real big fan of getting his picture taken.... these are a few that I got when we were in Idaho for Christmas:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll just have to be sneaky around him when I've got the camera out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We started our garden too. I wanted raised beds like what you have but Husband wanted to do an inground garden. Either way, I got one.
I have heard marigolds are good for something, although now I can't remember what.
Anything you find out, Please Share!!

Clayton and Camea said...

That's a great shot of your dad in the B&W! We've got our garden all planted, it's so fun! Last year we had WAY more than we could eat. Thanks for the peek at the book and the planting combo tips!

Clayton and Camea said...

I just remembered...would you believe that those pesky raccoons are here in my backyard?? In Boise!! RRRrr... Last year they stole my bell peppers from the pepper plant and the corn! (The squirrels ended up steeling my corn too. At least we got a few weeks of yummy delicious fresh home grown corn) Theiving varmits!

Kristen said...

hehehe, that's so Toyke. Love it. And I just have to say, Yay for Chuck! I love that show. It'll be interesting to see how next season changes though, if they bring it back for sure. Your pictures make me want to go out and work in the dirt! Alas, that will have to wait for next year.