Tuesday, April 7, 2009

She's a doll... and likes 'em too!!

Sunday I was looking for something in the garage. I had Maria in my arms which made the task just that much more difficult. I can't remember what I was looking for now... my poor memory these days. But Maria found what she wasn't even looking for. A doll. I don't know if she thought it was another baby, but oh man, was she ever excited to see that doll. It's this little doll that I had from when I was a kid, so it's probably at least 20 years old. I believe it is one of those dolls that you didn't know if it was a boy or a girl until you got it home and got it out of the package and did something to it... and i think it came with a "birth certificate". Anyway, that's beside the point. She loves her new (to her) little dollie. She tries to eat it's head. Or maybe she's giving it kisses. Who knows. Her communication skills are lacking these days.

Speaking of her communication skills.... they may be lacking where I'm concerned, but she sure likes to talk to herself. She'll sit in her walker sometimes and just babble away. It makes me smile!

Another thing that makes me smile (there are a lot of them today) is the fact that she is now rolling over... both ways!! She started this weekend. Nothing, there was absolutely nothing, and then all of the sudden something just clicked and she's all over the place.... sitting, on her stomach, on her back, 3 feet away from where i put her down. As much as she tries though she still hasn't figured out how to sit up from a lying down position yet. During feedings last night, and this morning when I got her out of her crib she was on her stomach, which was a first. Up until now she's preferred sleeping on her side to sleeping on her back, but now I guess stomach is the new favorite... takes after her mama.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

so cute! I think my neice's first word was "baby", she really liked dolls too.