Friday, May 8, 2009

happiness

I was checking out rockstar diaries and they've got this "here's to happiness" thing. People have written in 10 things that make me terribly happy. I thought that it was a really cute idea, makes you count your blessings... and think about the things that make you "terribly happy". I'd love to hear everyone's things that make them happy... post 'em and let me know, so I can check them out.

Photobucket

meredith's 10 things that make me terribly happy
  • music... turned up loud... with lots of singing and dancing involved
  • smells of fresh baked bread, the rain (after it's been absent for a while), fresh cut grass, clean laundry, fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies, my daughter
  • new ideas and making plans
  • making lists... crossing things of lists... making more lists
  • learning - whether it be at school, out of books, hard knocks.... it's all great!
  • Fall - orange, red, & yellow leaves... cool crisp air... school & new school supplies
  • letters in the mail
  • shopping: fabric, pillows, purses, scarves, pens
  • food: homemade pizza, fresh herbs, dr. pepper, pico de gallo, pan con tomate y queso, honey bunches of oats, chocolate milk, apples
  • thunderstorms & the sound of rain on a metal roof
  • my jobs - being a mom & wife, architectural drafting, photography, & translating for the schools

3 comments:

Erika and Jason said...

I absolutly love the picture of you and Maria! Cute post.

Marianne said...

You are SO talented at photography! And I love how cute Maria is! Wish you were closer to take some family pics of us!

Daniel & Jocelyn said...

So cute Mer! Beautiful!