Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Three Weeks

That's how long it's been since I've posted. Sorry. I've been a little busy. This is going to be a LONG post playing catch-up... but there's more pictures than text, so that makes it a little better.

We've almost finished planting the garden (still have corn & squash to do):
Photobucket

Some of the herbs (sage & chives... a little cilantro here and there) from last year stayed thru and are really taking off:
Photobucket

Marco built my mom this garden workbench at the end of the season last year and we finally got around to putting it out now:
Photobucket

And we built a cool bean thingy for our beans and peas this year (cause the tomato cages didn't work that great last year):
Photobucket

Marco has been busy mowing the lawn... or if you look closely it looks more like mowing the field of dandelions:
Photobucket

We used Nana's European bike for the first time with Maria... she LOVED it!!
Photobucket

I've been busy with lots of crafty things... I made a quilt for Maria:
Photobucket

Don't pay too much attention to my (cough cough) absolutely perfect (cough cough) sewing... each one of the circles has a star sewn in it... that's as much quilting as I was up for at the time:
Photobucket

I painted a chair... a space theme... i was going to do a different theme on each chair (jungle, desert, ocean, etc) but it's a lot of work... so we'll see... maybe one day i'll feel more ambitious:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I made some art for Maria.... LoveBirds (I heart Modge Podge):
Photobucket

I did a photoshoot with this lovely family:
Photobucket

And I've been taking care of this sick baby for the past week and a half:
Photobucket

and managed to get this cute shot in:
Photobucket

I've also been keeping busy with "work":
Photobucket

And my parents came home from Mexico with a renewed desire to learn spanish.... so we've started some simple lessons:
Photobucket

So there you have it... plus there's all the daily keep up: laundry, cooking, playing with baby, watering the plants, making beds, vacuuming, dishes... etc, that I really don't want to take pictures of.... because you really don't want or need to see my piles of laundry, and when I'm playing with the baby, I really want to be playing with the baby.

A couple of side notes....

*I joined twitter. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, a decision has yet to be made. But I've got a little thingy on the side with my tweets.

* I finally got the external hard drive that I've been sweet on for some time... 1.5TB!! So excited! and I got it for only $9.99 +tax!! SO exciting!

*I'll try to be better and posting.

5 comments:

Vashti said...

You are so crafty! I love the blanket and the chair is mesmerizing to look at! Whoever is that adorable family that you photographed, they look like they would be really cool ;)

Anonymous said...

Can I come move in with you?
I loved the quilt and the picture and the chair. You've been busy!!

Lydia said...

I love the quilt you made Meredith!! I've been wanting to do one with circles like that. It looks great! Vashti's pics turned out great too!

claireb said...

geez... share some of the creativity wealth here! You're amazing.

Erika and Jason said...

I just can't tell you how impressed I am with all that you get done. I wish I had that much energy. Very cute blanket by the way.