Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oregon...

This past week Marco, Maria, & I headed down to Oregon to visit Chad & Lils... Rach is away at a wedding, and Mom & Dad went down to help out before they head out on yet another road trip.

We got there Thursday evening. It was great to see Chad again... I think that last time I saw him was at Christmas. He's been working so hard with school, I'm so proud of him and all he's accomplished.

Friday we headed out to the coast. (Here we go out to the "Bay", in NC we went to the "Beach" and in Oregon it's the "Coast") We met up with Tif and her girls. It was so good to see them again. Tif and I go so far back (how far back?). Well, SO far, but it all really started around the time we were 14... in the berry fields. Gosh those were good times... maybe I'll write about those one day. But the past oh say 8 years or so we've had these bothersome little things called "states" between us. But it's always good when the distance narrows and we happen to be in the same city..... anyway. back to OR.

The Coast was absolutely beautiful... minus the wind.

Photobucket

We got out there around lunch time and set up camp.

Photobucket

We had a lunch of hot dogs, potato salad, chips and sand.

My mom braved the water and got her feet wet. I think she's crazy. That water is really ridiculously cold.

Photobucket

She also made a "circle tag" drawing in the sand... and I think it sounded fun. Honest. But with the wind blowing so much it sucked all my enthusiasm for playing circle tag out of me.

Dad did the grandpa thing and showed Maria around. She wasn't a huge fan of the wind all cold and blowing in her face.

Photobucket

Lil's played really well in the sand...

Photobucket

while Chad & Marco tried to fly the kite.... it didn't work so well. But when you buy a $3 kite, you get what you pay for.

Photobucket

Marco and I also did a little exploring... we found some jelly fish. I've been watching a lot of Finding Nemo lately with Maria and that's all I could think about when we were checking them out.

Keira & Schrae had a great time at the beach... by looking at them you wouldn't have thought that it was a coldish windy day. They were in the water and in diggin' in the sand... all over the place.

Photobucket

Keira & Schrae love princess'. We were building sand castles for all of the disney princess'. Then Marco and I built a bigger sand castle for Princess Keira & Princess Schrae. They loved it and were so cute... they wrapped their towels around them like dresses and walked around like princess'. It was great! I wish I had a picture of the castle and them with their dresses, but alas... you can't catch every moment.

We got back to Chad's place late afternoon and decided to head over to Costco. Chad & Marco rode their bikes while the rest of us loaded in the car. Chad & Marco beat us there. Marco & I got a tent... we're going to go camping this summer, if anyone would like to join us let us know and we'll have to set something up.

We watched Cars while making chicken nacho's for dinner. That movie is Lil's favorite... here she was dancing to one of the songs:

Photobucket

She was getting a little tired... and who better to rest your head on than dad.

Photobucket

While we were out at the beach Maria was covered from head to toe... but apparently we missed her fat little wrists:

Photobucket

And I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Maria is crawling now.... she's a little crawling machine. She definitely had a bath after this:

Photobucket

The next morning Maria and Lily played together for a little while.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of Maria's favorite things was the heating vent.

Photobucket

They disappeared for a minute and the partners in crime were found like this:

Photobucket

Looking thru my wallet and chewing on my planner.
Lily took out my license... but put it in my purse for me:

Photobucket

After naps we went for bike rides. I have no idea where we went, but it was a blast. Check out Chad's post here for more info on the journey.... from the farmer's market to flat tires and babies falling asleep.
Here's Maria before the bike riding started... I loaded her up with suntan lotion and didn't want to miss her head cause I knew she'd be taking her hat off constantly throughout the day.

Photobucket

We rode all around and ended up at this cool park.
We stopped and rested...

Photobucket

kicked around the soccer ball...

Photobucket

played...

Photobucket

looked around at everything...

Photobucket

Photobucket

rested some more...

Photobucket

and walked...

Photobucket

boy howdy can lily walk. she just walks and walks and walks. It would be interesting to see how long and far she would walk before she finally stopped of her own free will and choice.

After bike riding we headed back to Chads, packed up, had dinner and headed out (thanks for the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!!) It was a great little trip. We all had so much fun. Maria was so plumb tuckered out that she was asleep within 6 stoplights.

3 comments:

Tif said...

It was great to see you, too! I'm definitely in for camping...can't guarantee that John is, but I can handle the single-mom camping scene!

Meredith said...

SWEET... we're going to try it out in the backyard this week, try to get all the kinks out. Then we'll head over to Birch Bay for a night or two. Would you want to come up here or do you know of any sweet spots down there? I've kind of always wanted to see crater lake... but i have no idea if there is camping there or how far it is or any of that stuff.

Clayton and Camea said...

I love the beach (I'm from Oregon, I call it the Beach... but I suppose I do interchange 'the coast' too...) It's so beautiful! I LOVE that picture of Maria and your dad, how precious!!