Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pink Blossoming Cherry Trees...

... are my mom's favorite. This time of year they've got these beautiful pink flowers. All but two of the trees that they have now used to be pink blossoming cherry trees. The other two were cherry trees. Notice my use of past tense. They don't have all but two pink blossoming cherry trees any more. They don't even have two cherry trees anymore. The reason is... our neighbors. They have a desire to be farmers... and they really should have pushed that desire down deep, deep inside, so deep that it never emerged again. But alas they didn't. They have sheep, goats, lamas, horses, cats, dogs, and their latest addition are cows.
Now I have nothing against animals. They have their purpose, some multiple. But when they are not properly penned, this happens:
Photobucket
They escape, they come over to my parents house, and rub up on, as you can see or eat the trees to the point that they die. It's kind of sad.
Also it's a little scary... see that "cow" in front.
Photobucket
yeah, it's a bull, a big bull... now, I've chased the goat back over to the neighbors yard and they're not really intelligent animals... or maybe they are... because you have to REALLY chase that thing all of the way home. I did that last summer when I was prego, let me tell you how fun that was. {crickets} . I will not be chasing this thing home.
I don't think I'll even venture outside when it's out there. I value my life.

But right now, when I do go outside, and the neighbors animal are a safe distance away I get to see these:

This image is currently my background on my computer... I like it, so I thought I'd share it. If you want it as your background go ahead and use it. Think cheery pink spring thoughts.

*I should note that the neighbor has replaced the trees that his animals have killed, just not with the trees my mom loves so dearly, but with apple trees. They're so practical.

2 comments:

Tif said...

Your post made me laugh...just the way you wrote it! I totally stole that pic and set it as my background, too. Oh, and question...were the cherry trees ones that your parents put in? If so...WHAT THE HECK WAS THE NEIGHBOR THINKING that he could just replace them with whatever he felt like??? Seems like he should have asked what kind of trees they were and replaced them with that kind of tree!

Tif said...

Oh, and chasing bulls...been there, done that...it's not so bad. Just carry a broomstick :) They usually aren't that aggressive and are actually spooked by people pretty easily! But yeah...why should you be out chasing bulls when you could get Marco to come home and do it for you ;)