Thursday, June 25, 2009

Enchiladas

I love these. And like many of my recipe's I make variations all the time. This past weekend I make an enchilada casserole (which I'll post about that sometime). Sometimes if we have leftover roast I'll use that (beef or pork) or a roasted chicken is always a good standby, but here it is, the basic enchilada recipe.... modify as you see fit.

Chicken Enchiladas

2 tsp oil
1 med onion, diced
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced green chiles
12-14 corn tortillas
1 c grated cheese
1 can enchilada sauce (red or green.... or make your own.)
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese (optional)

Saute chicken in oil until cooked. Add green chiles and mix together. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan that you cooked the chicken cook the onions, until soft & translucent. Add the chicken mixture to the onions. Open can of tomatoes (and cream cheese if desired) and pour in with the chicken/onion mixture. Mix together. Heat tortillas. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. Place in 9x13 pan. Cover with sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments: