Thursday, June 25, 2009

We're back...

We had a very nice weekend. Full of relaxation, and I only got one mosquito bite!!

But before we get to this last weekend, I thought I'd do an update for the weekend before. (June 13th for all interested.) Marco, Maria and I headed out to the Deming Log Show. We got there around 11. Maria decided it was nap time:

Photobucket

It was a beautiful sunny day, bright enough out that Husband broke out the shades:

Photobucket

It was fun and festive. They even had an auction for truck loads of logs! We watched:
  • trailer backing
  • cable splicing
  • ax throwing
  • pole falling
  • hand bucking
  • speed climbing
  • log rolling
... to name just a few. Here are some of the pictures we got:

Photobucket

Their website has a whole lot more. I think the funnest events for me to watch were the little kids climbing the poles, and the relay's. Some of those loggers have mad skills.


Soon I'll give an update & pictures of our weekend in the "wilderness".

1 comment:

Tif said...

All my years up there and I never once ventured out to the log show! Looks like a lot of fun!

Flax in cookies-nope, can't taste it. My latest thing is making sure I get more than the minimum dose of fibre in-and flax helps with that. I dump it in my smoothie in the morning, the muffins, the cookies, I've put it in the girls oatmeal, sprinkled it on their cereal. Unless you totally overload, you really honestly can't taste it...I might have slightly overloaded the cookies. But just barely.