Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Caramel Brownies

These are the BEST brownies EVER!! I got this recipe from a lady at church years ago. It makes a LOT of brownies.... a big jelly roll pan overflowing (sometimes I'll use two 9x13 pans.

Caramel Brownies

1 pkg Brownie mix
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup butter
75 individually wrapped caramels
large Symphony bar chopped

Unwrap caramels, place in pot. Add 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Melt, set aside.
Make brownie mix, set aside.
Melt 3/4 cup butter, combine with cake mix and remaining evaporated milk. Mix brownie batter and cake batter together. Take 1/2 mixture and spread on bottom of a greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Take out of oven, sprinkle with chocolate chunks and drizzle with caramel. Place 1 Tbsp drops of remaining mix on top of caramel. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Cool and Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tif said...

mmmmm.....but I think unwrapping the caramels would do me in! Why can't you buy them non-individually wrapped???? And hey, I thought you didn't eat chocolate????

Meredith said...

yes, unwrapping the caramels is a pain... and you have to guard the unwrapped ones with your life or you'll end up with less than 75.

And as for the chocolate thing.... when I was pregnant I tested the waters again, and I've been ok... no migraines yet (knock on wood).